Happy New Year everyone. Hope your year has started off well!
With the new year being half a day underway, I decided to set up some goals for myself for this year. We started off the year in our new home, which is far from finished (is a house ever finished), but I won’t be talking about those goals today.
The thing is, as I’ve mentioned before, in this home I have a kitchen I can actually work in. I can move myself around, have counter space, have room to store things, so I can really cook up a storm. This, in combination with the fact that this little-old-foodblog exists, gives me good reason to set up some goals.
- Make puff pastry from scratch
- Make croissants from scratch
Make fudge(old fashioned recipe, no cheating with marshmallows!) Takea culinary class
- Make brown and white stock (enough to freeze)
- Can something (
something I grew myself, preferablysomething I bought from an organic farm or market, as my own crop failed due to the bad weather.) Start a (little urban) vegetable garden (tomatoes, zucchini, etc)The garden has been started, the first tomatoes, zucchini, zucchini flowers and herbs have been eaten. I’m loving it and am already learningfrom my mistakes and planning next year’s garden.Unfortunately the rainy summer resulted in many many rotten veggies, instead of the abundance I anticipated.
- Post (at least 1) video tutorial on my blog (and more video’s in general)
- Give NaBloPoMo a try again in a not-so-busy month
Host a dinner party at least once every quarter(3out of 4 done – I’m a terrible blogger though, and keep focusing on making good food instead of taking pictures! – I actually stopped counting as we’ve had quite a few dinners here. I just can’t seem to get my act together and stage a photo shoot when we have guests.) Visit a new restaurant (we’ve never eaten at) at least once every quarter(1, 2, 3, 4 - full review of 3 to follow!)
I edit as I go, crossing off things that have been completed!
In my kitchen11 in '11 Almonds A new place to cook! Anne-Sophie Bacon Basil Beef Biscuit Bread Butter Cake Cheese Chicken Chocolate Coffee Cookie Cream Cream cheese Eggplant Eggs Fresh herbs Garlic Herbes de Provence Italian Leek Mushrooms Old Fashioned Cooking Olive oil Onion Oven Pasta Pork Potatoes Puff pastry Pumpkin Restaurant Silver Spoon soy sauce Spring Summer Tomatoes Tortilla Vanilla Wine Winter
- Would you like to get in touch, please don't hesitate to contact me via my contact form.
My kitchen gadget store:
Latest kitchen talk
- https://www.computerbild.de/artikel/cb-News-Vernetztes-Wohnen-Mozaiq-Smarthome-Zentrale-15173851.html on October 7 – 9
- compare free alternative remote team management tools on Cookies
- https://www.schweizseo.ch/domino-11-laeuft-jetzt-sicher-auf-ibm-i-power9/ on Cookies
- https://www.sysadminslife.com/magazin/hcl-notes-was-kann-die-professionelle-client-software/ on Swiss roll ice cream cake – step by step
Translate this blogbut don't expect it to make perfect sense!